Spiritual Horizons- providing you a place to call home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Untoward actions created by untoward thoughts - a channelling from AA Michael.
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 6:06 pm by Heather

» 1 An Angelic Channelled Message about Life...from AA Chamuel
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 1:02 pm by Heather

» AA Michael Channelling...The Word is Out!
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 5:34 pm by Heather

» Intuition - Repeating signs
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 6:40 pm by Heather

» Love v Fear and Love v Society
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 5:05 pm by Heather

» Clear Visions- What do you see?
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 12:53 am by Shael

» Hmmm tasty-Clairgustance
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:59 pm by Heather

» The Passion of Music
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:32 am by Moonstone

» The little greys
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:18 pm by Shael

» developing skills
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:52 am by Shael

» 3rd Eye Images
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:11 am by searchlight

» how do you know
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:00 am by searchlight

» Lyrics of the heart
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 7:19 pm by Heather

» Extraterrestial Groups
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:39 pm by Shael

» Amazing Grace
Is DayDreaming good for you? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:31 am by Morning Star (SJA)

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 111 registered users
The newest registered user is ankacitah

Our users have posted a total of 4328 messages in 567 subjects

Is DayDreaming good for you?

+2
Shael
CaseyBauer
6 posters

Go down

Is DayDreaming good for you? Empty Is DayDreaming good for you?

Post  CaseyBauer Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:24 pm

I have always been told by people I daydream too much and then you get the stigma of 'Too much is not good for you' or 'Get in the real world' do you think that people are right or do they just have no imagination.

To me daydreaming is a release, it is a place for me to go to live out my dreams, fantasies, ideas and stories. I used to go through a bad stage of daydreaming (if anyones ever seen Scrubs I could give JD a run for his money) then I couldn't daydream at all because I had so much going on but I am slowly getting back into it today.

I never do it in company that could be classed as me being rude but yet still people mock.

I love to daydream and to me my imagination is one thing that no-one can take away from me. Sometimes though it does leave me feeling sad afterwards when I realise it was just a dream.

Discuss Daydreaming here....

Thumbs up Smile
CaseyBauer
CaseyBauer
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Is DayDreaming good for you? Empty Re: Is DayDreaming good for you?

Post  Shael Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:47 pm

I love daydreaming. I do it whenever i feel tired, because it helps me relax. I also daydream if i am feeling down because it helps lighten my mood. I think that daydreaming encourages itself... I mean the more you daydream, the more your imagination skills improve. People also tell me i daydream too much, although i try not to daydream in the presence of others. But sometimes i can't help it! Laughing Oh, and i daydream when i am in the bus or tram, a great way to drive away boredom.
I think that there are times when it's good to daydream and times when it's not a good idea. There are moments in life when you just have to stay real, for your own good. Like when you're at uni, when you're studying, working or in the middle of an important conversation. Also, when you're having fun with friends. Because reality, as harsh at it is, has it's nice moments, and i wouldn't want to lose those either.

Shael
Shael
Highly Respected Member
Highly Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Pronghorn Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Merry Meet Casey,

Is daydreaming similar to imagining. If it is then yes! I also love daydreaming as I love imagining.Lol Very Happy I usually daydream that I’ve been asleep for 20 years like Rip Van Winkle, and when I wake up, I see a digital calendar and that tells me the year is 2029! I look around and everything has changed. As I gaze out the window, I swear that you just saw a flying car! And the kids outside in their funny-looking clothes seem to be skating six inches above the ground except that they are not wearing skates!

Incredible! Lol Very Happy

But sometimes when I am daydreaming. I also went into self-hypnosis so honestly I am afraid to daydream now! The danger of doing self-hypnosis without a safe procedure or expert guidance is that I might give myself a negative suggestion or post-hypnotic suggestion without realizing it, and this may cause me harm.

Pronghorn
Pronghorn
Earth Angel
Earth Angel

Location : On Spiritual Horizon's roof, scouting out his next tile victim

Back to top Go down

Post  Shael Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Daydreaming is like imagining, but it's more intense and it lasts longer. When i daydream i make scenarios in my mind... that i am on an other planet, or that i am some kind of spirit guide fighting against the evil spirits. Literally, i can create fantasy movies in my head.
Shael
Shael
Highly Respected Member
Highly Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CaseyBauer Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:04 am

I agree Prong, sometimes I go into an almost hypnotic state but then other times I am still pretty much aware of what is going on around me.

Shael I love it too and love to make things up. I even at one stage had a whole plot, storyline, characters and places in my head that I then turned into a written story.

I love escapism snap
CaseyBauer
CaseyBauer
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shael Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:21 am

I create plots in my mind, too. When i was writing the story with angels and demons i used daydreaming a lot for creating and developing plots, and it really helped. It had lots of special effects, too! Laughing
Shael
Shael
Highly Respected Member
Highly Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:03 am

I've done it since I was tiny, got in trouble for it too lol
Violet
Violet
Asleep
Asleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonlyte Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:47 am

Oh,I hope so cos i am always daydreaming.Sometimes I almost go in a trance state and have been like it since i was young.
Moonlyte
Moonlyte
Asleep
Asleep

Back to top Go down

Post  amandaconnors Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:44 am

Is the trance state opening up to channelling higher energies?

I like day dreaming of romance and faires. I wonder if anyone wishes to share what they day dream of?

amanda

amandaconnors
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shael Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:57 am

There are so many things i daydream of. Cloud 9
Sometimes i imagine myself living in a far away future when people have come in contact with aliens and have joined the Galactic Union. My friends are with me, too, and we go through a lot of adventures. There are a couple of evil alien races out there and my friends, some aliens and i get involved in many secret activities and organisations trying to save the day lol.
Other times i imagine i am a singer or the lead singer of a band and we go on tour all over the world and we unite people through our music. Band

To me daydreaming is not like meditating. As far as i know, when you meditate, you have to keep your thoughts still and concentrate on breathing and on maintaining your body in a relaxed position. But daydreaming is different, my mind is not still, it wanders to all the crazy unexistent destinations. Laughing
Shael
Shael
Highly Respected Member
Highly Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Pronghorn Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:16 am

amandaconnors wrote:Is the trance state opening up to channelling higher energies?

I like day dreaming of romance and faires. I wonder if anyone wishes to share what they day dream of?

amanda

Yes! Trance can channel higher energies! It may also channel divine and universal forces!

Trance is a state of hypnosis. One can be conscious and be in a state of trance. This happens more often to highly sensitive or psychic people, which Moon obviously is. She also has some mediumistic tendencies.
Pronghorn
Pronghorn
Earth Angel
Earth Angel

Location : On Spiritual Horizon's roof, scouting out his next tile victim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum